- Dr C and his staff are great and care for my mother with respect and consideration. My questions are always answered. I truly recommend this Dr and staff. Joan Bonn daughter of Cherrille
- Dr. Chalunkal is a great Doctor for the first time I'm not in pain. Plus his Nurse are Wonderful
- The doctor is very caring and young. I hope this doesn't change as he gets older and more overwhelmed with patients. it's rare to find doctor's that actually care anymore and that's a real shame. Just an overall great experience
- One of our favorite doctors Excellent
- The doctor and staff are really concerned with my problems and that makes me really appreciate there help. Great doctor and staff.
- He is very caring and thorough.
- Dr Chalunkal has been the most helpful, caring physician that I have seen to help and guide me to deal with my chronic neck stenosis pain. The feeling I get at my office visit is that he really does care and takes time to explain my medications and procedures that I may need. I never feel “rushed” with many questions I need addressed . He gives you the time you need. The office staff is another excellent reflection of what a fine team they are always showing respect and a welcome greeting . I highly recommended Dr Chalunkal if you are struggling with chronic pain.By - Joanie Brant19-Dec-2019 02:50 PM
- Doctor Chalunkal and staff are my pain management team for life! I suffer from several different ailments including back pain, sciatica, arthritis, bursitis, fibromyalgia and migraines. Doctor Chalunkal is very attentive to my needs, always spending the time to discuss my concerns and to offer various options to help. I'm not just a 'number' in his office. He provides such a high level of genuine care, empathy and compassion! It is so evident that he approaches his life and work with a heart of love. It is a natural response to hug him and his wonderful assistant, Shandria upon leaving an appointment. I would recommend Doctor Chalunkal and his team to anyone experiencing pain. I feel very blessed to have them as my pain management team!By - Kari Stansel16-Dec-2019 02:49 PM
- Dr C is always amazing. He takes time to answer all my questions. I drive 2 1/2 hours one way from Oklahoma to see him. His office strives to ensure all my needs are met and I’m never rushed. His staff listens and even remembers key details about each patient. The entire staff go above and beyond!By - Kelli B02-Dec-2019 10:43 PM
- I love Dr. Chalunkal and his staff. I had severe Sciatic pain that was unbearable! After just one epidural injection I am so much better! I can do my daily routine with no pain. I would highly recommend him!By - Laura H21-Oct-2019 12:37 PM
- I have been visiting Dr Chalunkal since approximately November 2018 (today is 13 October 2019). My diagnosis was cervical radioculpathy in my neck and MLDD (multi level disc disease) in my middle back region. With Dr Chalunkal's guidance (thru physical therapy, epidural steroid injections and opioid pain medication), my neck pain has been completely eradicated. My MLDD treatment (for the mid back pain) is a complicated process and still a work in process. Unfortunately for me, all treatment for the MLDD EXCEPT for the pain medication was/were unsuccessful. This is a function of the disease itself and not the doctor or the treatment. The mid back pain which I experienced sent me to the ER (emergency room) on 2 separate occasions; the pain level (at its worse) was somewhere between a level 4 and level 6. I was not able to sleep at night, and all of my waking thoughts were centered on how to eliminate the pain from my body. Although I am retired (at age 58), I would most likely have had to leave my career via long term disability. Based on my experience with Dr Chalunkal during the past 11 months or so, I can highly recommend him as a pain management specialist. As most readers are aware, opioid pain medication treatment is a delicate process. In my situation, the MLDD would have been completely overwhelmed my life if not for Dr. Chalunkal's treatment with the mid level hyrocodene. My back pain worsened, and Dr Chalunkal and I discussed other treatment options (including perhaps an ADDITIONAL epidural injection and potential stem cell treatment). I was the one who introduced the stem cell therapy option as he was careful to acknowledge that stem cell research/treatment is in its infancy and has yet to be scientifically proven as an effective treatment for MLDD (or other back problems). My current pain meds of 10-325 Oxycodene acetaminophen appears to have a have a handle on my situation. As an experienced anesthesiologist (approximately age 40), Dr Chalunkal performs the epidural steroid injections himself. He and his staff are genuinely concerned about his/their patients' health. He DOES not want you to be in pain, but he also DOES NOT want you to become addicted to the opiods. Sometimes I come in to his office with a list of questions and concerns, and he carefully answers all the questions to my satisfaction (including a tapering methodology if and when my pain disappears). We all know that Dr Chalunkal's employer (Baylor Scott and White) is a "for profit health care system"; however, you would never glean this from your interaction with this doctor. BOTTOM LINE: If you are searching for a pain management specialist in Collin County, Dr. Chalunkal should be your first choice.By - Richard J14-Oct-2019 08:11 AM
- DR. CHALUNKEL SAVED MY LEG!! It's hard to write my review without breaking down in tears because I don't know where I would be today had it not been for Dr. Chalunkel and his amazing nurses. I first met Dr. C on one of the worst days of my life. I had been in agony for months and had undergone multiple back surgeries with a different physician who was verbally abusive. In my desperation I reached out to Dr. C as a new patient begging for help. As soon as I told Dr.C my history and how I desperately needed guidance, he instantly rose to my defense. He helped me understand how I had needed an MRI months ago due to debilitating back pain and that we would figure it out together. That day both he and his staff were the greatest comfort to me as they treated me with a level of kindness and respect I have never previously experienced in any other physician's office. I should also note he skipped part of the day on his birthday to see me on a priority basis. His office dropped everything just to help me! Once my MRI was completed, he helped me get to a surgeon ASAP as I was dangerously close to losing permanent feeling in my right leg. He validated the pain I was feeling for months and gently helped me understand he was going to help me and not to give up. I ended up having my spine fused and the pathway to the nerves in my leg cleaned out. Had it not been for Dr. C's advocacy that I needed an MRI and not another epidural surgery or facet point injection from the other doctor I had been seeing, I would be in a wheelchair today. There are just no words to convey the level of kindness he showed me and support that my pain was valid. The pain was so bad I had even planned to end my life and had not told anyone. Dr. C not only saved my ability to walk, but he saved my life by his kindness and willingness not to give up on me. I now can enjoy my life and live it with a grateful heart for his compassion on that terrible day and beyond. My elderly mother is also his patient and he treats her with the highest level of care and respect. As a child of an elderly parent, I can think of no better doctor, nursing staff, and office staff to help her. If you are looking to for a physician who won't give up on you, Dr. C is who you want. Hands down. His nurses are the most compassionate on the planet and you will never leave their company without kindness and being able to see the most immense love coming from their amazing hearts'. Their patient portal helps you gain immediate assistance and you will always feel welcome and able to ask even the the most embarrassing questions. Thank you for reading my review and I know you will love Dr. C! He is THE BEST!By - Nicole P14-Oct-2019 08:11 AM
- I am a 41 year old active working mom and am SO THANKFUL for Dr. Chalunkal and his staff. His scheduling coordinator, Vicki Hurst, went out of her way to get me in quickly for an appointment. She even followed up to make sure everything went good. Dr. C was so patient and kind. I highly recommend.By - Fortnite K10-Oct-2019 05:23 AM
- I am truly thankful for Dr. C!!! He saw my Dad same day and helped him manage his cancer pain. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a knowledgeable doctor with pain management experience. Thank you Dr. C!!!By - Lori Y10-Oct-2019 05:22 AM
Write a review
If you're interested in submitting a testimonial for Dr. Chalunkal, Please use the form below to do so.
Fields marked (*) are required